Sunday 2 August 2009

Bleached eyebrows...non?


Bleached eyebrows.
As seen at Prada, Givenchy and Chanel at Paris fashion week and is fast becoming a growing trend among some of the edgier top models. (Lara Stone, Lily Donaldson and Kristen McMenamy please take your bows.)

Already I can hear the masses reeling in horror at the thought of bidding farewell to hepburn esq arches in the name of 90's kooky cool and I severely doubt that this is a trend that is going to catch on.

But horrifyingly androgynous as this look may seem I can't help but warm to the idea a little bit.

Being naturally fair, this look appeals to me on a whole other level.
Of course I'm not quite brave enough to hit the bleach, but I have binned the eyebrow pencil for now and it was a good excuse to pamper myself with a trip to the beauticians for an under-brow wax.

How nice it is to not have to pencil in darker eyebrows each morning with hopes of looking demure only to catch sight of yourself a few hours later looking like a drag queen with no friends or a mirror.

Thanks be to French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld for her forward thinking; she advised Lara Stone to don this style three years ago. Carine J'taime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers