Monday 14 September 2009

Grunge Revival



I know that the fashion world is getting crazy about the eighties but is that a grunge revival I see peeking round the corner?

Surely when I'm spotting band t-shirts I wore the first time round hitting the high-streets, the nineties is back on the up.

Flannel shirts, stone washed denim and bleached heads everywhere embracing their dark roots; this is sounding all too familiar for me.
I much prefer this look to the shoulder pads and sequins that there suddenly appears to be no escape from.

However, Kate Moss' new range at Topshop seems to be pioneering the way for grunge chicks everywhere with mohair cardigans and laddered tights out in force.
They do say if you can remember it the first time round you shouldn't go there but if it's good enough for Kate....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers