Monday 5 October 2009

Inspired by Vogue



As Vogues November issue turns to a 'More Dash than Cash' special, I for one am looking for thrifty shopping where I can!
O.k, so perhaps squandering 120 quid on cotton wool balls, resulting in an effect that would make Tinki-Winki proud is possibly not the best way to emulate Pierre Cardin- what were you thinking Shona Heath?- but I can certainly see the sense in some of the tips in Vogue this month.
I love the idea of dragging out the sewing machine to revamp a few old sewing patterns and I'm all for raiding the vintage and charity shops.
Imagine my joy last week when I happened across a a brand new Betty Jackson blazer in a charity shop for only 4 pounds!
Admittedly, all this shopping inspiration has given me the overwhelming urge to go out and rinse my bank account by updating my wardrobe, but it's a feeling I'm well used to by now and perhaps this month I'll get more for my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers